Agicoat Silver Nanocrystalline Dressing
Agicoat silver nanocrystalline dressings are made of nylon fibers covered by a layer of silver nanocrystalline particles ( 10^-9times smaller than the silver molecule).
This form of silver, unlike the silver found in other dressings, does not oxidize or turn black in the open environment and in the presence of air.
To activate the silver in this dressing, place it in sterile distilled water near the wound and its exudation, so silver ions are released. The amount of silver released is about 40 to 50 ppm, which kills all pathogenic microorganisms.
This dressing is usable for different types of wounds such as:
burn wounds, donor, orthopedics, arterial or venous wounds, diabetic wounds, various types of infectious or chronic colonized wounds, pressure wounds, etc.
Method of Use:
- In order to use the dressing, the bedsore must be first prepared:
- Removal of necrotic tissues and sloughs mechanically or autolytically.
- Reducing the volume of microorganisms and controlling wound secretions by wound washing solutions.
- Clean the wound or burn site with sterile distilled water.
- Unpack the dressing.
- Moisten the dressing with sterile distilled water.
- This dressing is not compatible with compounds such as betadine, antibiotic ointments (fatty base), or compounds containing sodium chloride, paraffin, iodine, Hydrogen peroxide; thus, avoid the use of the dressing and these products together.
- Remove before MRI and CT
- It is for local use only.
Dressing Change Time:
- It is better to check the Agicoat dressing in the first 72 hours after surgery or use, and in case of purulent or watery discharge or an unpleasant smell from the wound site, it should be changed. Otherwise, it can be placed on the wound for 7 to 14 days without changing.
After the release of silver nanocrystalline particles and its effect on the wound, this dressing changes color from dark to light color, which indicates the dressing should be replaced.
- It should not be used for people who are allergic to silver or nylon.
- Excellent antimicrobial properties with minimal toxicity of the active substance.
To compare the antimicrobial properties of dressings with similar active ingredients and with a minimum toxicity of their antimicrobials, scientists consider two parameters MIC (The minimum inhibitory concentration) and MBC (The minimum bactericidal concentration).
Agicoat silver nanocrystalline dressing has lower MIC and MBC compared to other dressings, which indicates its superiority over other dressings.
- Slow release of silver ions in 7-14 days and its antimicrobial effects.
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Accelerate wound healing
- Reduce wound scarring compared to other common methods
- No need for early replacement and so patient comfort (usually the dressing stays on the wound for 7 to 14 days)
- High flexibility to completely cover the wound (Maintaining the same pressure and temperature in all wound areas)
- Reduce pain due to homogeneous electrical potential on the wound surface and reducing the use of analgesics and narcotics
- Oxygenate and keep the wound moist based on the negative pressure created by the physical structure of the dressing for 7 days
- Has a replacement indicator (after the silver is affected and released, the dressing color turns white, which indicates the time of replacement)
- No need to use other disinfectants, ointments and topical antibiotics
- Without any sensitivity and irritability according to ISO10993-10 standard
- Without any cytotoxicity according to ISO10993-5 standard